The third edition of the Trans 100 will be revealed in March. But before we can get to that point we must have a nominee pool so we can get down to the 100 people who will be honored at the Chicago Trans 100 reveal ceremony.
You have until this Friday, January 23 to get those nominations for the 2015 Trans 100 List in.
The key question to ask iwhen you are considering people to nominate for this honor is this: What is this nominee doing to make life better for the trans community?
All nominees must:
– Self-identify as trans.
– Be actively working to improve the lives of trans people.
– Live in the United States.
– Not have previously appeared on The Trans 100.
We particularly encourage the nomination of individuals who:
– Are doing work that is unsung and/or unseen.
– Are working in areas of multiple intersections of power and privilege.
– Live outside of major population centers (New York, Los Angeles, etc).
Trans 100 places special consideration on those working in the areas of
ostracism elimination, stigma reduction, poverty reduction, furthering
the social and economic development of the trans community, and building
infrastructure within the trans community.
Nominees can be working at any scale, locally, regionally, or nationally.
Here’s the link to the nominations form.